Outlook Not Send or Receiving
Article ID: 212 | Rating: Unrated | Last Updated: Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 10:20 AM
This article has some common solutions for outlook not sending or receiving.
- Email is not sending/receiving.
- Outlook says offline or disconnected.
- Emails sitting in outbox.
- In these situations the internet works for web browsing and other uses.
- Check outlook is not set to Work Offline - Go to Send/Receive tab and look for the Work Offline icon to the far left. If this is dark grey then click on it to turn it off.
- Check the email password is up to date - log in to webmail to test (if using Office 365 go to portal.office.com). Sometimes a password reset does not propagate through to outlook.
- Turn Work Offline on, close and re-open outlook and then turn Work Offline off.
- Start outlook in Safe Mode - find the outlook icon and hold down ctrl whilst clicking on it. This will bring up the option to open in safe mode.